Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Week 3 - Thing 7 - Something Technological

For this task, we have to blog about anything technology related that interests us. The iPhone is a geek toy that I'd like to get, it can do all kinds of things and can even make phone calls. ;-)
If and when it makes it to NZ, I'll consider getting one. I'd probably have to buy it on hire purchase as the cost it on the high side.
What I like about it is that it can do all the things that I want in one devise. I don't like filling my pockets with a cell phone, a mp3 player and a this and a that. The iPhone combines a phone and video iPod so I could make phone calls, watch videos, and listen to music all on the one handy devise, and surf the net too.
But I have my reservations about it too. Firstly, there is the price, and how much extra it is for the phone service contract that they will probably force you to buy along with the phone. The other problem is that it is not a 3g phone, so the internet speed is low unless you use a wi-fi hotspot. It is possible that future versions may have 3g technology so it would be disappointing to buy an early model to find the better model is just around the corner.
But it could be a long way off before the iPhones are available here legitimately.

2 comments:

Foxymoron said...

hmmm my only reservations concern colourways...do you think they come in pink???

Unknown said...

Great information! Wish I could afford one of those. Hmmm, maybe if there was another pay raise... ;)