Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Week 2 - Thing 4 Part 1 - Bebo

To get a feel for Bebo I have set up an account. At first I found the site a little confusing as an outsider looking at other peoples profiles. But once I had set up my account I found it reasonable easy to navigate around and learn what to do. After filling in the set up info and modifying my url I added Auckland City Libraries as a friend. I then looked around and found the music available thru the site. Looking through this and listening to free songs, I found a new band I like and have a sign up as a fan, so they are listed on my profile as a band I like.
I then looked at the skins by clicking on the "Change Skins" link. I looked at them and found a bunch of them that I liked and added as favourite skins. Then I finally decided on one to use, Binary Rain, kind of like the Matrix (thou I may change it sometime just for variety).
Since none of my friends have Bebo accounts my page will see little use, but I can see how it could be good to keep in touch with friends and share stuff with them (like photos, vids, music tastes etc).
My Bebo site is: http://www.bebo.com/geeklibraryguy/

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You're doing great! And don't worry if you don't know anyone who uses bebo. I've had friends I'd lost touch with contact me from ages ago through sites like myspace, bebo, etc.. It can be a cool thing! :)