Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Week 2 - Thing 4 Part 2 Myspace

I have now signed up for Myspace. I found that signing up was a little more complicated than bebo but not too bad. Once I was set up, I found it is a lot harder to change stuff. Whereas changing the look of my bebo profile involved a few clicks of the mouse, according to the Myspace FAQ it requires html code to change the colour and look of my page. And if you don't know html, it suggests asking someone that has changed their own page.
While I have used html in the past, I have forgotten most of what I once knew. I could learn it again, but why bother? I don't like it.
Another thing I don't like is that when I am logged in, my page is covered with advertising. My profile that others view doesn't appear to have the ads, but they clog the page I look at.
I see little personal use for this site since Bebo is much more user friendly and not cluttered with ads. The one advantage to Myspace, for me, is that it seems more popular as a place for known bands and celebrities to promote themselves. So if I'm looking for info on my favourite band I might end up looking at their Myspace page. Otherwise I think I'll stay clear.
My myspace page, which I have done very little with, is: http://myspace.com/geeklibraryguy

No comments: