Friday, October 19, 2007

Week 5 - Thing 12 - Rolling My Own Rollyo

I have rolled my own Rollyo at http://www.rollyo.com/ and added a widget to my blog.
The search roll I created was for New Zealand News and will search the NZ Herald site and stuff.co.nz and a few other nz sites.
I can definitely see the use of this online tool. If you want to do searches but limit the results to sites that you like, this is the tool for you. There are tons of searches on the site that have already been created and it is reasonable easy to create you own. However, I did find managing my account and editing searches to be a bit tricky. Some of the features are not self-explanatory and confusing. I think I have got if figure out now but I took a few attempts.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well done, figuring out adding a widget isn't easy! Great work :)