Friday, October 12, 2007

Week 4 - Thing 9 - Locating Library and News Feeds

I have had a look at bloglines search tool and at the other feed searching/collecting websites. I did a search for some library related searches and added a few to my bloglines account. I also did searches on some personal interests and found some blogs, but none of them were as interesting as the online forums that I already look at. Because the online forums I use are high use, I find they are better than reading a few blogs that are infrequently updated.

I have decided that I don't really like the feed searching sites much. I guess that have their uses, but I don't think they are for me. I think I'll stick to googling subjects when I'm looking for info, rather than looking for feeds about the stuff I am interested in.
However, since learning about RSS feeds, I now take notice of the orange "RSS" icons (and other feed icons) on sites and will add them to my bloglines account if the sites/feeds are interesting.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If you don't like all the sites available, no worries! At least you know what's out there :) Great job so far on your blogs!